woom 1 PLUS Kids Bike
The first time on two wheels from three years and up
Not all of tomorrow's little pros start their cycling careers at the same time. While the woom 1 is designed for children aged 18 months and older, the woom 1 PLUS is aimed at children three years and up. It really gets them moving, enabling them to have fun while becoming familiar with the wonderful world of cycling. The woom 1 PLUS comes with the SURFBOARD Footrest, which kids can rest their feet on while riding to experience the feeling of surfing on clouds.
Learning to operate a rear brake as early as possible makes it easier later on to use brakes on a pedal bike and can prevent accidents. Our specially designed brake lever is easy to pull with small hands and requires little strength to bring the bike to a safe halt. This, combined with the ergonomically designed grips, make the process of stopping child's play.
The superlight aluminium frame is the heart of the balance bike and ensures a fun and safe riding experience. Its geometry has been specifically designed for toddlers, with a low entry making it easy for even the youngest of riders to hop on and roll away. Thanks to the long seatpost and open seat tube the bike can be adjusted for a long time to fit your child as it grows.
The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike. It significantly affects the feeling when riding. That is why we have designed our saddle to fit the pelvis of young children and give them an upright riding position. These qualities make our saddle ideal for riding in all positions: standing, running or sitting.
woom steering limiter
The woom steering limiter is an important safety feature developed by us. It prevents the handlebars from overturning, helps children ride straight and therefore reduces the risk of accidents.
Our stem is the safe and lightweight connection between the handlebars and the headset. It has no protruding bolts for children to hit their knees on, making it truly “knee-friendly”.
Tyres have a major influence on how a bike rides. That is why for the woom 1 we have chosen high-quality, lightweight and grippy tyres with low rolling resistance. This ensures that children roll smoothly along while maintaining good grip whatever the terrain – tarmac, gravel or dirt. The reflective stripe on the side of the tyres ensures good visibility even in low-light conditions.
To roll smoothly and quickly, a balance bike needs good wheels. And that is exactly what we have given our bikes. It is their individual components that make the woom wheels so unique: from the smooth-rolling hubs to the high-quality stainless spokes and our exclusive SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS rims.
woom 1 PLUS Kids Bike
woom 1 PLUS Kids Bike
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium with butted tubes
- Beginner geometry with 14″ wheels and easy handling: very low entry and very low sitting position, long wheelbase and forgiving steering geometry to provide stability, good balance and more riding fun
- Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Aluminium hubs with sealed bearings
- Installation and removal with 5 mm hex key
- 16 stainless steel spokes, crossed spoking
- Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ shaft
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- Kenda Small Block 1.5″ x 14
- Lightweight tyres for good shock absorption, low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Custom 60 TPI
- Car-type valves for easy filling at any service station
- Semi-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed ahead bearings made of steel and aluminium
- Integrated ahead clam
- To stabilise steering and prevent overturning and falls, a small rubber ring is attached to the fork and frame which helps the child ride in a straight line.
- Superlight stem made out of forged aluminium
- 40 mm / +15°
- “Knee-friendly”: no protruding bolts thanks to the integrated handlebar clamp design
- Handlebars attached to stem with two 6 mm hex bolts
- Ergonomically designed to fit children's pelvis
- Side protection to lean against walls
- Wide, ergonomically adapted and lightweight aluminium bars for more control
- BMX style with high rise for maximum adjustability
- Sandblasted and black anodised
- 19 mm diameter grip, suitable even for very small hands
- Width: 500 mm
- Anodised aluminium
- Safety plug at the bottom
- Perfect even for very small thanks to reduced diameter
- Grippy diamond texture
- Rubber bumpers on bar ends and additional bar end plugs
- Made from aluminium
- No risk of turning and/or twisting
- Two independently operated mini V-brakes with braking power adapted for children
- Ergonomically adapted brake lever with reach adjustability, also suitable to fit very small hands
- High-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- Eye-catching green rear brake lever and green rear brake pads so children don't get front brake and rear brake mixed up
- High-grade maple plywood
- Varnished, equipped with grip tape
- Comes pre-fitted on the bike
- Original red, Soaking Sky blue, Cucumber Cool green, Meet the Mango yellow, Forget Me Not purple
- 4.45 kg / 9.81 lbs
- 60 kg (130 lbs)
- 5 mm hex key for hubs
- 17 mm spanner for wheels
- 6 mm hex key for stem
- 98 cm x 52 cm x 15 cm