Gear it up!
The woom 4 introduces children aged six years to the world of gear-shifting. The bike's eight speeds in combination with the easy-to-operate twist shifter expand the bike's range of use and increase the child's mobility. Whether they want to ride their bikes into the woods or up hills – the new-found freedom of gears make longer adventures on two wheels child's play.
Learning to operate a rear brake as early as possible makes it easier later on to use brakes on a pedal bike and can prevent accidents. Our specially designed brake lever is easy to pull with small hands and requires little strength to bring the bike to a safe halt. This, combined with the ergonomically designed grips, make the process of stopping child's play.
The superlight aluminium frame is the heart of the balance bike and ensures a fun and safe riding experience. Its geometry has been specifically designed for toddlers, with a low entry making it easy for even the youngest of riders to hop on and roll away. Thanks to the long seatpost and open seat tube the bike can be adjusted for a long time to fit your child as it grows.
The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike. It significantly affects the feeling when riding. That is why we have designed our saddle to fit the pelvis of young children and give them an upright riding position. These qualities make our saddle ideal for riding in all positions: standing, running or sitting.
woom steering limiter
The woom steering limiter is an important safety feature developed by us. It prevents the handlebars from overturning, helps children ride straight and therefore reduces the risk of accidents.
Our stem is the safe and lightweight connection between the handlebars and the headset. It has no protruding bolts for children to hit their knees on, making it truly “knee-friendly”.
Tyres have a major influence on how a bike rides. That is why for the woom 1 we have chosen high-quality, lightweight and grippy tyres with low rolling resistance. This ensures that children roll smoothly along while maintaining good grip whatever the terrain – tarmac, gravel or dirt. The reflective stripe on the side of the tyres ensures good visibility even in low-light conditions.
To roll smoothly and quickly, a balance bike needs good wheels. And that is exactly what we have given our bikes. It is their individual components that make the woom wheels so unique: from the smooth-rolling hubs to the high-quality stainless spokes and our exclusive SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS rims.
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium with butted tubes
- 20″ wheels
- Agile yet easy handling: low entry, very low sitting position and forgiving steering geometry to provide good control and more riding fun
- 8 speeds
- SRAM X4 twist shifter
- SRAM X4 rear derailleur
- Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Aluminium hubs with sealed bearings
- Quick-release skewers for easy installation and removal
- 20 stainless steel spokes, double-crossed spoking
- Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ shaft
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- 20 x 1.4″ Schwalbe Little Joe folding tyres – woom edition
- High-quality, lightweight tyres for good shock absorption, low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Car-type valves for easy filling at any service station
- Reflective stripes on the sides of the tyres for optimal visibility even in low-light conditions
- Fully-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed industrial bearings
- Integrated ahead clamp
- Lightweight stem made out of forged aluminium
- Adjustable height and reach mean the Vario stem offers an optimal riding position as the child grows.
- Handlebars attached via two clamps and fixed with two 5 mm hex bolts
- Ergonomically designed to fit children's pelvis
- Side protection to lean against walls
- Wide, ergonomically adapted and lightweight aluminium bars for more control
- Sandblasted and black anodised
- Width: 580 mm
- Anodised aluminium seatpost with insertion marks that indicate the minimum insertion depth
- Child-friendly thanks to reduced diameter
- Screwed-in end plugs
- Made from aluminium
- Extra-long quick-release skewer, easy to operate requiring only little strength
- No risk of turning and/or twisting
- Lightweight, forged 110 mm aluminium cranks with narrow tread (Q-factor)
- Beginner gearing: 29 teeth in the front and 11-28 teeth in the back
- Platform plastic pedals
- Sealed cartridge
- Two independently operated V-brakes with braking power adapted for children
- Ergonomically adapted brake lever with reach adjustability
- High-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- Original red, Soaking Sky blue, Cucumber Cool green, Meet the Mango yellow, Forget Me Not purple
- 7.3 kg / 16.09 lbs (without pedals)
- 70 kg (155 lbs)
- 15 mm spanner for pedals
- 5 mm hex key for stem
- 104 x 55 x 22 cm