Learning to ride a bike is as easy as one, two, three
Finally learning how to ride a bike makes children's eyes sparkle with joy! The woom 2 makes it easy for kids aged three years and older to switch from a balance bike to a pedal bike without having to use counterintuitive stabiliser wheels. In no time at all, kids intuitively learn the skills they need to ride: pushing the pedals, resting their feet and balancing. With a woom bike, an important moment in childhood becomes unforgettable!
Kids immediately recognise the important rear brake thanks to the eye-catching green brake lever. This colour code system prevents them from mixing up the brakes and thus increases their safety. The specially designed brake lever is easy to pull with small hands and requires little strength to bring the bike to a safe halt. This, combined with the ergonomically designed grips, makes the process of stopping child's play.
The crank length and distance between the pedals are ergonomically adapted to fit children's bodies. This results in an optimum stance and very natural movements. Pedalling? A piece of cake!
The superlight aluminium frame is the heart of the bike and ensures a fun and safe riding experience. Thanks to its cleverly designed age-specific geometry, the motto of this bike is: superlight = superfun!
The completely closed chain guard not only enhances the appearance of the bike with its streamlined design but also boasts superior functionality and a sturdy construction. It offers excellent protection from dirt as well as from injuries. Goodbye and good riddance to those pesky oil stains!
The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike. It significantly affects the feeling when riding. That is why we have designed our saddle to fit the pelvis of children and give them an upright riding position. Perfect for a unique riding experience!
The quick-release seatpost clamp offers a simple, quick and tool-free way to adjust the saddle height. It's even easy enough to be operated by children. On your pedals, ready, go!
woom steering limiter
The woom steering limiter is an important safety feature developed by us. It prevents the handlebars from overturning, helps children ride straight and therefore reduces the risk of accidents.
Our stem is the safe and lightweight connection between the handlebars and the headset. It has no protruding bolts for children to hit their knees on, making it truly “knee-friendly”.
woom low‑resistance tyres
Tyres have a major influence on how a bike rides. That is why for our bikes we have chosen tyres that can be used for a broad variety of terrain. Whether you child is riding on tarmac, gravel or dirt, our lightweight tyres will ensure maximum grip in any weather and on any surface, whether your child is riding straight or making turns.
To roll smoothly and quickly, a bike needs good wheels. And that is exactly what we have given our bikes! It is their individual components that make the woom wheels so unique: from the smooth-rolling hubs to the high-quality stainless spokes and our exclusive SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS rims.
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium with butted tubes
- Beginner geometry with 14″ wheels and easy handling: low entry, very low sitting position, long wheelbase and forgiving steering geometry to provide stability, good balance and more riding fun
- Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Aluminium hubs with sealed bearings
- Installation and removal with 5 mm hex key
- 16 stainless steel spokes, crossed spoking
- Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ shaft
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- 14 x 1.4″ Schwalbe Little Joe – woom edition
- High-quality, lightweight tyres for good shock absorption, low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Car-type valves for easy filling at any service station
- Reflective stripes on the sides of the tyres for optimal visibility even in low-light conditions
- Fully-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed industrial bearings
- Integrated ahead clamp
- To stabilise steering and prevent overturning and falls, a small rubber ring is attached to the fork and frame which helps the child ride in a straight line.
- Superlight stem made out of forged aluminium
- 40 mm / +15°
- “Knee-friendly”: no protruding bolts thanks to the integrated handlebar clamp design
- Handlebars attached to stem with 5 mm hex bolt
- Ergonomically designed to fit children's pelvis
- Side protection to lean against walls
- Wide, ergonomically adapted and lightweight aluminium bars for more control
- BMX style with high rise for maximum adjustability
- Sandblasted and black anodised
- 19 mm diameter grip, suitable even for very small hands
- Width: 500 mm width
- Anodised aluminium seatpost with insertion marks that indicate the minimum insertion depth
- woom Ergogrip – the smallest grip of its kind
- Ergonomically formed gripping surface, non-toxic
- Handlebar ends with extra large diameter for greater protection
- Screw-in grips for secure attachment to handlebars
- Made from aluminium
- No risk of turning and/or twisting
- Lightweight, forged 80 mm aluminium cranks with narrow tread (Q-factor)
- Beginner gearing: 25 teeth in the front and 15 teeth in the back
- Narrow, flat platform plastic pedals
- Sealed cartridge
- No coaster brake; flexible pedal position enables children to set off with more ease
- Two independently operated mini V-brakes with braking power adapted for children
- Ergonomically adapted brake lever with reach adjustability, also suitable to fit very small hands
- High-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- Eye-catching green rear brake lever and green rear brake pads so children don't get front brake and rear brake mixed up
- Original red, Soaking Sky blue, Cucumber Cool green, Meet the Mango yellow, Forget Me Not purple
- 5 kg / 11.02 lbs (without pedals)
- 60 kg (130 lbs)
- 15 mm spanner for pedals
- 5 mm hex key for hubs, stem and seatpost clamp
- 99 x 53 x 17.5 cm