Learning to ride a bike with 3+
Not all the little pros of tomorrow start their cycling careers at the same time. The woom 1 is intended for children 18 months and up. The woom 1 PLUS, however, is intended for children 3 years and up; it really gets them moving, enabling them to have fun while becoming familiar with the wonderful world of cycling. Carefully starting out with small steps, the little explorers quickly learn to find a sense of balance while confidently gliding all over the place.
Kids learn the most important elements of biking on a balance bike. Learning to use a rear brake as early as possible makes it easier to use on a standard bike and can prevent accidents. Our Balance Bikes have exclusive right-hand brakes that put your child in control.
Every child is unique and develops at their own pace individually. The woom 1 Plus reflects this approach making children 3 years and up feel safe on 2 wheels.
- A Wheel / Tire size 14"
- B Cockpit / Grip height 24.41"
- C Steering angle 68"
- D Horizontal toptube length 13.78"
- E Wheelbase 25"
- F Seattube angle 68°
- G Minimum Seat Height 14.76"
- H Maximum Seat Height 18.50"
- I Adjustable Handlebar +/- 10°
- Frame Material: Light and high quality A-6061 Aluminum
- beginner geometry with 14" wheels and easy handling: low entry and very low sitting position, a long wheel base and forgiving steering geometry to provide good balance and thus more riding fun
- steering limiter for more safety to prevent overturning the handlebars
- light unicrown fork made out of aluminum
- 1" shaft
- self-aligning for easy stearing
- fully-integrated 1" headset
- sealed industrial bearings
- integrated ahead clamp
- to stabilize steering and prevent overturning and falls, a small rubber o-ring is attached to the fork and frame.
- new, lighter stem made out of forged aluminum
- 40 mm / +15°
- “knee-friendly”: no protruding bolts thanks to the integrated handlebar clamp design
- screwed onto handlebars with 5 mm hex bolts
- wide, ergonomic and lightweigt for more control
- BMX style riser bar for maximum adjustability
- sandblasted / black anodized
- 19 mm diameter grip even suitable for tiny hands
- 500 mm width
- woom Ergogrip – the smallest in its kind
- ergonomically formed gripping surface, pollution-free
- handlebar with extra large diameter for great protection
- screw handles for fixed hold
- mini V-brakes
- 2 short-reach brake levers with reach adjustability also suitable to fit tiny hands
- high-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- soft brake pads for efficient braking power that require little effort
- green color-coded rear brake lever and green rear brake pads to help differen¬ciate between the front and rear brakes
- ultralight Soopa-Doopa-Hoops aluminum rims
- sealed bearings
- 5 mm hex key required to install and remove wheels
- 16 stainless steel spokes, straight-laced
- 14 x 1.5" low-resistance Kenda tires for good damping, low rolling resistance and grip
- car-type valve for easy filling at each service station
- reflective strips for better visibility
- age-specific ergonomic design
- additional added protection to lean on walls
- anodized aluminum
- features a safety bumper on the bottom of the post
- aluminum / quick-release
- long lever that is easy to use
- does not twist when tightened