Welcome to the Suspension Dimension - woom OFF AIR Launch
Check out the video by clicking the image above.
Last fall, woom presented our first mountain bike, the woom OFF, meticulously designed and lovingly built for kids who seek physical challenges on the trail, in the bike park, as well as on urban terrain. A version with a suspension fork is now available: the woom OFF AIR. This bike provides traction on the roughest terrain and dampens even the most daring maneuvers, for full control and maximum riding enjoyment.
The launch of the OFF line represented a pivotal moment for woom, as we look to continue our goal of creating the best possible kids bike, this time with the mountains and trails in mind.
Just like the OFF, the OFF AIR is available in three sizes, 20”, 24” and 26”. The hydraulic, air-sprung fork responds well even at low loads, and the suspension travel is tailored to a child’s age group. Both the degree of damping and the rebound, the speed when deflecting and rebounding, can be individually adjusted and, if necessary, locked. This is a useful feature when riding uphill or on long straight routes.
Ultralight, robust, and child-friendly
The woom OFF AIR shares the woom OFF’s simple but elegant black-and-silver design, which has already been awarded two design prizes, a 2020 Design and Innovation Award and iF Design Award. And like the OFF, the OFF AIR is a real lightweight, weighing in at 19.8 to 24.2 pounds, representing a hard-tail mountain bike well proportioned to the weight of a child allowing improved pedaling and handling. Hydraulic disc brakes enable precise braking, and the V-brake lever is easy to reach for small children's hands and easy to operate. The SRAM X5 rear derailleur, with an easy-to-use trigger shift lever, ensures precise shifting even in mud and on rocky terrain.
The special chain-ring, made of alternately narrow and wide teeth, prevents the chain from falling off even on rough trails. The high-quality MTB tires, from the trusted brand Schwalbe, offer low rolling resistance with maximum grip.
The woom OFF AIR is available in 20”, 24” and 26”, priced at $869, $879 and $899 respectively. The line is available for pre-orders now on our website., and will begin shipping to customers by the end of April.
woom OFF AIR specifications:
- Air suspension fork with hydraulic rebound:
- Suspension compression adjustable to the child's weight (SAG)
- Adjustable rebound damping
- Lockout function for riding uphill or on asphalt
- Lightweight frame made of high-quality aluminum with butted and hydro-formed tubes
- Hydraulic disc brakes with excellent modulation and child-friendly brake levers
- Stem with clever flip-flop system: flip it over to change the height of the handlebars
- Special chain-ring stops the chain from slipping even on rough terrain
- High-quality mountain bike tires from Schwalbe with special rubber compound for low rolling resistance, maximum grip, optimal shock absorption and solid durability
- SRAM X5 groupset with easy-to-use SRAM trigger shifter for
precise and smooth shifting even in mud and on rough terrain
- Comes complete with a set of stickers in four colors to personalize the bike